Ushers should be present 15 minutes before the service in which they have volunteered.
All the members of Pentecost surely do appreciate your efforts to make our services operate so smoothly. Thank you.
June 4 Mike & Jenna
June 18 Sharon & Katy
July 2 Dave & Mason
July 16 Sharon & Mike
July 30 Mike & Jenna
Aug 6 Sharon & Katy
Aug 20 Dave & Mason
- Hand out bulletins before service (Adult & Child)
- If a Greeter is not present, please have one of the ushers act as a greeter by shaking hands with worshippers and saying, “Good Morning”.
- Light altar candles if Acolyte isn’t at church 5 minutes before service
- Turn on P.A. system (located in Cloak Room)
- Turn on all breakers (located on wall by Cloak Room)
- Make sure communion trays (For empty wine cups) and kneeling pads are out
- Close and lock back door to church (After service starts) Unlock after service ends.
- Seat people if necessary
- Please do not talk in the Narthex during service
- Take the offering at the appropriate time during the service. (Ushers start forward when they see Pastor go toward the offering plates)
- Make sure altar candles get extinguished at end of service
- Open windows for service (In warm weather) Close after service
- Check on nursery / encourage older kids (Above 5) to come up stairs
- Count and record number of people at service
- Make sure sidewalk and steps in front of church are salted (In winter)
3 or 4 ushers are needed
○ 1 or 2 stand in the middle of the aisle at the front (acts as a gate)
○ The other 2 ushers dismiss people (1 on each side of aisle)
○ Ushers come forward as Pastor communes Assistant
○ The 2 dismissing ushers release entire pews at one time
○ Center usher is responsible for counting
○ Keep families together-(It’s better to have open spots at the rail than to divide families)
○ Stop between families if next family will overfill rail
○ Count children as a spot at the rail no matter how old or how small the children are. It’s better to have
an open space at the rail than not enough space.